Family law issues are not only legally complicated, but also evoke strong emotions for the people involved. The stakes are even higher when divorce involves a business, a well-known personal brand or a substantial marital estate. You need an attorney who knows Colorado family law and who understands the sensitivity involved in these issues.
Hogan Omidi, PC, regularly represents clients in Denver and throughout the state who have such concerns. Partner Kathleen Hogan wrote the Colorado Family Law Practice Series, which is referenced throughout the state by attorneys, judges and professionals involved in family law issues. We bring that collective acumen to problem-solving and advocating for you.
Sophisticated Counsel In Colorado Family Law And Divorce
We can capably address all family law matters:
- Divorce – We handle all facets of divorce, with an emphasis on high-asset and complex property division. From business and real estate valuations to deferred compensation and marital debt, we help clients forge settlements and move forward.
- Spousal support – We can help you determine whether maintenance (alimony) is a factor in your divorce and how much is reasonable.
- Child custody – We can represent you in custody determination and negotiating a parenting plan, including advocacy if one parent wants to relocate away from the area.
- Child support – Our attorneys are intimately familiar with the Colorado child support guidelines to ensure a fair and proper amount support for your children.
- Third-party and grandparent visitation – We can help grandparents and other relatives obtain visitation or custodial rights in appropriate circumstances. We also represent parents who are opposed to such outside involvement in their family relationships.
- Post-decree modifications and enforcement – After the divorce is final, you may need to make adjustments or hold your ex-spouse to his or her side of the agreement.
- Cohabitation agreements – We help unmarried partners decide how to divide certain expenses and which assets should be kept separate.
- Pre and postnuptial agreements – Whether you are getting married or considering formalizing your financial plans during a marriage, , it is prudent to establish how property and assets would be divided at the time of a future death or divorce.
- Same-sex family law – We handle same-sex divorces and custody disputes, and we help couples dissolve civil unions.
- Family law appeals – If you believe you were not granted a fair trial or if a mistake was made during the divorce process, you may have grounds to appeal the decision.
- Domestic violence – We can advise you on your rights and talk to you about the pros and cons of various remedies and approaches, including protective orders.
Our lawyers work closely with you to find the right solution to your unique problem.
Exploring Alternatives To Litigation
Our attorneys are capable trial lawyers when divorce or custody litigation is warranted. But your situation may be amenable to alternative dispute resolution (third-party mediation or arbitration) or the collaborative law process. There are many advantages to these alternatives when both parties are committed to reaching a fair resolution. We have lawyers trained in collaborative family law, as well as lawyers who represent clients in mediation and arbitration.
Sensitive To Your Needs, Oriented To Your Goals
We understand how difficult these complex issues can be. Our civil, principled approach to family law is designed to support you through this process with a minimum of stress while producing the maximum benefit for you.