At Hogan Omidi, PC, our sole focus is on divorce and other family law matters. Our Aspen divorce attorneys know that divorce is never easy, but we are here to help guide you through the process. We provide sound legal advice so that you can make informed decisions about your future. Our compassionate lawyers can answer any questions you have about divorce and how it will affect you. Turn to the Aspen divorce attorneys with Hogan Omidi, PC, for steady guidance during this important time in your life. Give us a call at (303) 691-9600 or contact us online to schedule a confidential consultation.
Why Choose the Aspen Divorce Attorneys at Hogan Omidi, PC?
At Hogan Omidi, PC, our objective is to protect your interests while you are going through a major life transition. We know that the stakes are high in divorce cases. Your relationship with your children, reputation, and finances are all on the line. It can be a scary experience, but we ease your concerns by being the strong advocate you need during this pivotal time.
When we accept a divorce case, we use a deliberate approach that involves:
- Explaining Colorado law – We firmly believe that you need a strong understanding of Colorado law and how it can impact your divorce case to set realistic goals and make the best decisions about how to move forward with your life. Our founding partner, Kathleen Hogan, wrote the book on family law, the Colorado Family Law Practice Series. This important work is the go-to reference for Colorado attorneys and judges. We ensure that you benefit from our in-depth understanding of Colorado laws so that you can make the best decisions for your future.
- Looking at the big picture – As experienced family law practitioners, we have seen many divorce cases devolve into unnecessary battles in a public forum. At Hogan Omidi, PC, we help you focus on the long-term effects of divorce so you focus your efforts on long term goals do not get caught up in a bitter battle that benefits no one.
- Analyzing your best interests – We have decades of combined legal experience, so we know that every divorce case is different. What is important to one client may not be to another. We will meet with you, hear your story, and identify clear priorities so we can work towards achieving outcomes that will best serve your interests.
- Finding creative solutions to complex problems – Our experienced family lawyers can review your unique situation and determine possible solutions.
- Establishing a civil process – We care more about your future than adding fuel to the fire, so when its possible we focus on resolving divorce and family matters through alternative dispute resolution or out-of-court negotiations. Even if an amicable resolution is not possible our clients don’t benefit if we needlessly escalate the hostilities.
- Preparing for trial – While our goal is to help you amicably divorce, this is not always possible, so we always prepare a case as though it was going to trial. This gives us the leverage we need to protect your interests during negotiations or to prevail in contested proceedings.
Call us at (303) 691-9600 to learn more about our legal services and how we can help with your divorce.
Legal Issues Our Lawyers Can Help With
Our Aspen divorce attorneys can assist you with all matters related to your divorce, including:
Hogan Omidi, PC, often works with high net worth and complex asset holders. We have represented executives at Fortune 500 companies, doctors, other lawyers, entertainers, professional athletes, business owners, and entrepreneurs who hold significant assets. We know how much you want to protect what you have worked for. We will fight for you to receive a fair resolution that serves your long-term interests.
Maintenance (Sometimes Referred to as Alimony or Spousal Support in Other States)
In high-net-worth cases, spousal maintenance is often an issue. Colorado courts may grant spousal maintenance in appropriate cases as it helps to balance out financial inequities when a couple divorces. Often, one spouse has sacrificed for the family, leaving behind their own career goals and ambitions to support their spouse. There are general guidelines for the duration of maintenance payments based on the length of the marriage but those guidelines do not fit every situation. In Colorado there is no formula for determining what is a fair amount of alimony to award ay higher income levels.
Our Aspen divorce attorneys can assist with all aspects of alimony determinations, including:
- Explaining Colorado laws regarding spousal maintenance, including the different types of spousal maintenance and what factors the court considers when determining an amount
- Recommending negotiating the amount and duration of spousal maintenance outside the courtroom so you have more influence in these decisions
- Drafting provisions in your settlement agreement that serve your long-term interests
- Modifying spousal maintenance orders if relevant circumstances have changed
At Hogan Omidi, PC, we understand how important your relationship is with your children, and we want to protect it. Colorado courts also recognize that children are usually best served by having a meaningful relationship and frequent contact with both parents. We can emphasize this long-held value by:
- Addressing ways to foster a positive co-parenting relationship between you and your spouse
- Considering creative solutions when drawing up your parenting plan
- Focusing on the best interests of your family
- Exploring all options for working out an amicable solution, possibly including guidance from child development experts or mediation
With our legal support, we will work towards fulfilling objectives based on your family’s unique situation and needs.
Colorado protects children who do not live with both of their parents by awarding child support. The state has an interest in ensuring children benefit from the financial contributions of both parents. Child support payments are based on the incomes of each parent and consider factors such as:
- The cost to cover the child on health iinsurance
- Specific expenses paid on behalf of the children
- The number of overnights assigned to each parent
In high net worth and asset cases, the child support guidelines may not apply, so there is not a fixed formula to determine a fair amount of support.
Contact a Knowledgeable Aspen Divorce Attorney Today
If you are going through a divorce, you want a strong legal advocate in your corner. The Aspen divorce attorneys at Hogan Omidi, PC, have an in-depth understanding of Colorado family law and will put your interests first. Contact us online to schedule a confidential consultation with a compassionate Aspen divorce attorney.